I am not sure if you are asking for specific equipment model numbers, or
general guidance. I will leave the specifics to others.  I would start with
a high gain horn and a calculation of how far away the far field is
developed (2D^2/wavelength).  You can use the equation for power density as
a function of gain, transmitted power and distance to figure out how much
power you need at 1 meter or 2D^2/wavelength.  Then you go looking for that
TWT power amp.  The reason for this approach is that those amps are
expensive and hard to find.  I don't know if you could rent one at all.  If
you could find a 1 Watt TWTA, that would work as long as you are satisfied
with 2D^2/lambda and not aiming for 1 meter.  Also the horn bolts directly
to the TWTA waveguide output.  You probably can't stand the loss of
interconnect between signal generator and amp, unless you plumb the whole
thing with rigid waveguide, which would be painful.  I recommend the test
operator be right in the room with the test sample.  I bet I'll draw some
flack for that, but that beam is so directional I wouldn't worry about it.
If you are worried about it, build a bunker house out of spare foam
absorber.  Also if you are very close to the EUT there are a couple issues.
One is VSWR, you don't want reflected power splashed back into the horn, so
you cant the angle slightly (angle of incidence equals angle of reflection)
so that the reflected beam is diverted from the horn aperture. A second
issue is that with a small illumination spot size you have to have a lot of
antenna positions to paint the entire test set-up.  MIL-STD-5461E covers
that.  if you were going to do this all the time it would be worthwhile to
plunk down $150K for the 40 Watt amp and get a lower gain horn back at 1
meter and spray the whole test set-up to save time.  Like everything else,
that decision comes down to time or money.