Good morning,

I have a Class 1 product. It has a double insulation barrier between Primary
and earthed SELV, and basic between primary and the metal enclosure.

How can I perform an electrical strength test across the primary/SELV
barrier?

I believe I must disconnect the 'earthed' connection - not so easy as there
are a number of earthed fixing point - and ensure sufficient clearance.

....... and if I want to do perform this test on a production line

I am aware that 950 indicates basic insulation between Primary and earthed
SELV, but our test house advises double. Also 61010 indicates double
insulation barrier.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks.

Vic Gibling