Hi John,

My boss maintains a complete worldwide power cord and plug requirements with
photos illustrations in our secure server but needs special access code.

I copy him in this email and he shall get back to you to let you access his
secured page or email to you on your questions.

Good luck

jeff...@siemic.com

SIEMIC InfoTech (China) Ltd.
www.siemic.com.cn
SIEMIC (USA) Inc.
www.siemic.com

One-stop shop for China Certifications (CCC, MII/NAL, MII/RTA, GA, SFDA)
Second-to-none Asia Approvals
Compliance Testing and Global Certification Services

"Tyra, John" <john_t...@bose.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone out there would have some experience with power cord plug
requirements for Korea.

We recently received an e-mail from our distributor who is telling us that
power cord plugs/ wall type supply plugs for class II ungrounded products must
comply with the  Korean standard KC8305. This standard specifies a plug type
similar to the European Schuko-Stecker  CEE7/7 style plug which has the large
round head with 4.8mm diameter pins. They will not accept the class II
Euro-Stecker type flat head plug CEE 7/16 style mainly due to the fact that
this plug utilizes 3.8mm pins which are very loose in the Korean inlets.

The problem I have has been finding a class two ungrounded power cord  with a
two pin female connector with a Schuko plug. All the vendors I have contacted
only sell Schuko cords with class 1 earthed connectors which makes sense since
the Schuko is a grounded plug.

Has anyone else had experience with power cords for Korea? Does anyone know of
a vendor who makes a two wire cord with a Schuko plug certified for use in
Korea? I noticed that Korea also might allow the US class II two pin NEMA
style plugs but have read that these plug types are being phased out in that
country?

I have an old copy of IEC83 which does show a Schuko style class II plug,
standard C6, but I am not sure if this is acceptable in Korea and have not
found a vendor who makes a cord with this plug type........

I just received an new copy of IEC60083 :1997 "Plugs and socket outlets for
domestic and similar use standardized in member  countries of IEC" but
curiously they do not have the Korean plugs shown stating that "information is
not available"....strange since they are an IEC Member?

This is also an issue for direct plug in power cubes...................

Any information anyone might have would be appreciated.......

Best regards,

John Tyra
Product Safety and Regulatory
Compliance Manager

Bose Corporation
The Mountain, MS-450
Framingham, MA 01701-9168

phone: 508-766-1502
fax: 508-766-1145

---------------------------------------------------------------- This message
is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list.

Instructions: http://listserv.ieee.org/listserv/request/user-guide.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Ron Pickard: emc-p...@hypercom.com Dave Heald: emc_p...@symbol.com

For policy questions, send mail to:

Richard Nute: ri...@ieee.org Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org

http://mail.yahoo.com -----------------
Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list. Website:
http://www.ieee-pses.org/

Instructions: http://listserv.ieee.org/listserv/request/user-guide.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html