Hi Pat,

May be it helps reading through the literature on our web (
www.euro-emc-service.de ) with hints to our inventions like GTEM (end of 80s),
EUROTEM (End of 90s) etc, plus background (R&D-web-section) info.
A size limited TEM device can not do everything but may sometimes prove
useful. Detailed info also in IEC 61000-20. TEM Devices for radiated emission
and immunity.The basic idea is to consider a free space (TEM-basically only
mode) wave inside and for emissions use the concept of t o t a l radiated
power to correlate to OATS.This requires EUT mechanical rotations in a GTEM
(Dr. Perry F. Wilson Algorithm- now working for NIST Bolder Co--He also
published an article I think in IEEE EMC Transaction How to correlate below 30
MHz several years ago (mid 90s?) ). At the Apex you receive (based on simple
e.g. 3, x-y-z orientation of EUT)  voltages vs. frequency to feed into the
software correlation algorithm.
To be more specific we need to hear details of the product (EUT), in
particular size! Cables do also matter! One TEM cell competitor is e.g.
compact chambers now. What TEM type of cell are you considering? Regulatory
compliance/acceptance under EN 55022/ CISPR 22 issues (accreditation?) may
also be an important issue. IEC 61000-20 is "just" a new basic
standard.....normative references....? The GTEM is listed in the new ANSI/IEEE
C 63.4.

Diethard
Best regards

Dr. Diethard Hansen

EES President, Principal Consultant, Trainer
US Senior NARTE certif. EMC Eng. 001937NE
EMC+Automotive+Telecom QM+techn. EA-Auditor

Euro EMC SERVICE (EES) Dr.-Ing. D. Hansen
POB 64, Bahnhofstr.39, CH-8965 Berikon 2,
Switzerland, Swiss VAT (Mwst.)No.:323214

tel./fax: +41 566 33 73 81
German mobile phone: +49(0)1736015909
www.euro-emc-service.de
euro.emc.serv...@swissonline.ch