Here is a question for the older generationas a deviation from all these
questions about standards.

HP362 computer running HP BASIC

I needed to knock together a routine to drive an oscillator and spectrum
analyser and thought this would be a simple way to do things.

Anyhow, I find that whilst I can write to and read from an HP8568 or an
HP8566, I can only write to an HP8564E or an HP8591EM.  The program hangs at
the READ statement.   As far as I can tell the command set is the same for all
four analysers.

The question is, is it a hardware incompatibility or is it a protocol problem?

Example is:

OUTPUT 718;"MKA?;"
ENTER 718;Val
Program hangs here with 8564E and 8591EM, but is Ok with 8568 and 8566

Any ideas appreciated.

Mike
is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list.

Instructions: http://listserv.ieee.org/listserv/request/user-guide.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Ron Pickard: emc-p...@hypercom.com Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net

For policy questions, send mail to: