From: Pat Lawler [mailto:pat_law...@condordc.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:23 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: Wayne Kerr Spectrum Analyzer

Hi Chris:

I'm in the same boat.  HP wants a ridiculous amount of money just to look at
my now-obsolete 8591EM, and they said they'll be charging more in a couple of
months.

Instructions:  http://listserv.ieee.org/listserv/request/user-guide.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com

Title: Spectrum Analyzer 8591EM

Pat,

Some years ago there was rumor that HP (Agilent) was getting out of the EMC Analyzer business entirely.  Later on, they recanted.

The High Price repair treatment is an alternative method I have seen some companies use when they want to end support an old product line without actually terminating it.  Did you get the feeling from them that this is the case with the 8591EM?

Maybe someone from HP/Agilent can enlighten us.

-doug

Doug Powell, Staff Engineer
Corporate Compliance Dept.
Advanced Energy Industries Inc.