From: gd...@ncht.trent.nhs.uk [mailto:gd...@ncht.trent.nhs.uk]
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 1:23 PM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: European Electrical Code

Approved Doc.P (Building Regs - Electrical Safety) cites adherence to BS7671
as means of complying with the requirements under the Building Regs, and the
guidance is clearly based upon the assumption that this is what most if not
all people will do.

However I'm not clear from reading it that the Building Regs (which are
statutory) make BS7671 a legal requirement - is there not scope for use of
an alternative method provided it can be demonstrated that the same (or
greater) safety was achieved?

Ged Dean