In message
<54ffbe24c443bc45b8deb804650d2d2ba3a...@ct11exm64.ds.mot.com>, dated
Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Elliott Mac-FME001 <fme...@motorola.com> writes
>What is your opinion - does relative humidity have an effect on
>radiated emissions testing [as long as there is no condensation on the
>EUT]?

The phases of the moons of Neptune can affect radiated emissions tests,
or so it seems, sometimes!

On an open-air site, there certainly can be effects, especially if
surfaces are damp. It's not only condensation, and not only the EUT,
that matters.

Indoors, I suspect you can find effects if you go looking for them, but
usually RH doesn't change very much in the short term. If you measured
an EUT at 25% RH and then at 95% RH, the results should only be compared
if they were obtained at the same temperature.
2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immoderately.

John Woodgate

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org