In message <aoenigjpfmpdhikjmgcniegnciaa.am...@westin-emission.no>,
dated Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Amund Westin <am...@westin-emission.no> writes

>We have been told by a RTTE Notified Body that "non-radio equipment"
>are covered by RTTE directive, if they are a part of a total radio
>system and connected (signal transfer) to a radio RX/TX unit. Can it be
>correct that such adjacent equipment applies for RTTE?

Reading the Directive, it does not appear so. Ask them to show you the
place in the Directive where the relevant provision is stated.

If it were so, a PC connected to a wireless router, for example, would
fall under the Directive.

You can download the Directive free of charge from the Commission web
site.

>Personally, I thought that RTTE basically covers radio transmitter
>and receivers, of course with some exceptions.  And all equipment which
>do not have a TX/RX port are excluded.

RTTE also applies to telecommunications terminal equipment. Maybe your
'non-radio' product is within that definition.
2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immoderately.

John Woodgate

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org