From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org]On Behalf Of
drcuthb...@micron.com
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 8:05 AM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: lab equipment connected to PC

Gents,
Situation: I am building an instrument that interfaces to a DAQ card in a
PC. The instrument is powered by an external AC-DC power supply supplying
+/- 12 volts at 100 mA. The instrument metal case is connected to the PC
Common via the DAQ card cable.
Question: Is this safety grounding arrangement legal under EN61010? Do we
need to provide more solid earthing of the instrument case?
   Dave Cuthbert
   Micron Technology, Inc.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net