From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of
iun...@servomex.com
Sent: donderdag 18 mei 2006 15:47
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Burst and surge tests

Dear Group,

I have a question regarding the likely behaviour of ac to dc switch mode
power supplies during fast transient burst tests to EN 61000-4-4 and
surge
tests to EN 61000-4-5.

For a manufacturer to claim conformity to these standards are any
constraints placed on the behaviour of the dc output voltage during the
tests? I am particularly interested in the likely change in DC voltage
output as the appropriate burst/surges are applied to the ac input.

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies.

Best regards

Ian Unwin
Lead Engineer
Servomex Group Limited

*Register now at www.servomex.com/zap.html  *
*for an opportunity to win a great prize    *
*in our monthly draw.                       *
service.
This electronic message contains information from Servomex which may be
privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the
use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify us immediately.
Activity and use of the Servomex E-mail system is monitored to secure
its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com