Greetings listmates,

This is a preliminary notice that RadiSys will be seeking preliminary
applications for a compliance engineer in Shanghai, China to help our
design engineering teams ace their safety, EMC and environmental test
requirements.  The formal req for this position is not posted yet and
likely won't be until mid-to-late July, as it's currently being reviewed by
the League of Nations and the FIFA central officiating committee (and
they're a bit busy right now).  The start date will be dependent upon when
it's signed off and posted and how long it takes to find qualified
candidates, but I would hope to have someone starting in August or early
September.  There is a similar posting on our website at
http://www.radisys.com/careers for the more senior opening we have in
Portland, Oregon, USA right now.
To view it, select Employment Opportunities to get to the postings or
browse through the other entries to get a broader sense about RadiSys.

RadiSys is a manufacturer of embedded computer systems - so we deal
primarily with 60950 for safety evaluations and 55022/24 for EMC.  If these
numbers make sense to you and you know that 60950-1 does not equal 60949,
then we're probably on the same page.  Our products are typically
integrated into our customers' systems, so we frequently have a broader
range of requirements that we're working toward, as well.  Being able to
work with customers directly will be very helpful - especially when they
don't have compliance folks on staff and you have to explain to them that
it's not reasonable to ship a black hole with each unit to ensure the
radiated emissions are below limits - so the work you do actually DOES have
value.  The successful candidate will also be responsible for overseeing
all CCC and other country-specific approvals in Asia.

We're looking for someone with at least five years of experience - ideally
someone who has experience working with both certification labs and design
engineers on similar products.  It would be really helpful if this person
had the uncanny ability for all of the products they test to pass, but
since that's so hard to independently verify, I'll settle for the more
conventional approach of being able to evaluate designs against the
requirements, work with engineering teams to ensure their designs meet or
exceed these requirements and testing just to make sure everything was done
correctly.  Any work on developing a tabletop cold fusion solution will
have to happen on your own time.

Candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken Chinese and English.
The ability to speak Esperanto is interesting, but likely not relevant to
this position.

If this doesn't look like your thing, but you know someone for whom it
might sound like a nice break from their daily grind, please either pass
this along to them or drop me a note with their contact information.

In accordance with list policy, please address questions or comments to me
individually.

Regards,

Michael Garretson
Compliance, Quality & Reliability Engineering Manager
RadiSys Corporation
+1 503 615-1227
michael.garret...@radisys.com

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html