Dear John & other experts,
      For an expert like John if things are appearing as "complete mess",
what will be the fate of others. I am not able to sleep peacefully while
thinking "1st July 2006". What kind of penalties can be expected, any idea?
I have been told that while EMC directive was introduced at the beginning
lot of vigilance activities went on but subsequently it got reduced, is
this correct?

Sincerely

K.Balasubramanian
Project Leader - Hardware.

             John Woodgate
             <jmw@jmwa.demon.c
             o.uk>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  emc-p...@ieee.org
             emc-p...@ieee.org                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/12/2006 09:01          Re: WEEE Labeling of Components vs.
             PM                        Systems

In message <20060612151511.73191.qm...@web55512.mail.re4.yahoo.com>,
dated Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Andy Garcia <arg...@yahoo.com> writes
>It has always been my understanding that WEEE labeling is required on
>devices, instruments, apparatus, what have you, but not on any of the
>sub-assemblies or specific components.
>
>I am now told that entities in Europe are requiring that items such as
>detachable power cords also need to be WEEE labeled.  The justification
>is that since these parts can become detached from the presumably
>labeled instrument, it must also be labeled separately.  I cannot see
>where this is directly addressed in the directive.
>
>Has anyone also come accross this issue?  Are you labeling systems, as
>well as specific sub-components of those systems?

It's a complete mess. Just do what you are asked to do and soldier
on...... (with a lead-free soldier, of course)
2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com