Hi Asim,

As long as you supply the ferrites and installation instructions to the user,
it's been an acceptable practice with FCC for many years.

best regards

Tom Cokenias
T.N. Cokenias Consulting
P.O. Box 1086
El Granada CA 94018

tel 650 726 1263
fax 650 726 1252
cell 650 302 0887

On Oct 20, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Asim Tirmizi wrote:

To all,

We have a product which operates on 48V dc.  The power leads require a ferrite
to be used.  Since the power is supplied at the installation, the end user
would be required to put the ferrite on the DC feed.

Has anyone heard of it being illegal to send loose ferrites with a product?  I
do intend to provide instructions on where the ferrite needs to be installed.
I've received products in the past which had loose ferrites, so I don't think
this is would be a problem.

Thanks

Asim

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: