Note the cell phone is incidental, it is the battery that is the ignition
source in the cited accident.  Another scenario where a cell phone would
have been blamed. I watched a woman filling her car with gas blithely
chatting away while gas spilled out of her full tank and covered the asphalt
all over the parking lot surrounding her and her vehicle.  While there is no
way the cell phone itself would have ignited the spill, one carelessly
dropped cigarette would have turned that scene into an inferno.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html