From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Fred
Townsend
Sent: 15 January 2007 23:07
To: cb...@ntcnet.com
Cc: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Re: Removing soldermask from pads

I had the same problem except it was my surface mount pads on the QPSK64

packages. My solution was to scrap off the mask with a Xacto knife. I
then retinned the pads to get rid of the bare copper exposed by
scraping. In your case, and if I had a  machine shop and tool and die
maker available, I'd ask them to make a spot facing tool for each pad
size.  Then I'd use it by hand, in a pin vise, to remove the mask until
I saw copper.  Again, retin.  It's slow but  usually faster than
ordering new boards.

Fred Townsend
DC to Light

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com

information intended for a specific individual and purpose.  If you
are not the intended recipient, delete this message.  If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html