From: Carpentier Kristiaan [mailto:kristiaan.carpent...@thomson.net]
Sent: 16 February 2007 11:10
To: EMC-PSTC
Subject: Class I or II UK Wall plu power supplies

Hi group,

UK wall plug power supplies have a ground pin to open the slutter of the wall
socket outlet.
When the design of the power supply does not rely on Protective Earth, then
this earth pin can be made of plastic. There is a Class 2 marking on the wall
plug adaptor.

If the PSU design is the same but there is a metal earth pin that is not
connected inside the adaptor, can the Class II marking still be affixed?

Vriendelijke groeten, meilleures salutations,
mit freundlichen Gruessen, Best regards,

Kristiaan Carpentier
Regulatory & Approvals
Thomson Telecom Belgium
Prins Boudewijnlaan 47
B-2650 Edegem - Belgium
Tel.: +32 3 443 6407
Fax: +32 3 443 6632
E-mail:  <mailto:kristiaan.carpent...@thomson.net>
kristiaan.carpent...@thomson.net
 <http://www.spepedtouch.com/> www.speedtouch.com

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: