In message
<of317bf308.346aec2f-on8525729c.0069eb9a-8525729c.006aa...@hobartcorp.com
<richard.pitten...@hobartcorp.com> writes:

>        I assume that some of you are involved with products such as
>back-lit LCD displays which use small fluorescent lamps for
>back-lighting. I'm working on a product that will be imported to the
>USA and it uses such a display. In this case the manufacturer won't
>reveal the amount of mercury in each lamp.

I think that that refusal indicates that you should think about another
source.

Suppose you have a sample lamp analysed and get the result 5 mg. How do
you know that the next batch doesn't have 20 mg? Bearing responsibility
for a manufacturing process that is not only not under your control but
about which you are specifically denied information is a recipe for
trouble.
There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com