From: Price, Ed [mailto:ed.pr...@cubic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 11:55 AM
To: Jim Eichner; emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: EMC lab that can handle a 30kW product?

From: Jim Eichner [mailto:jim.eich...@xantrex.com]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 4:22 PM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: EMC lab that can handle a 30kW product?

Anybody know an EMC lab that can run FCC and CE testing on a product that uses
30kW of 120Y/208Vac, 3ph, 60Hz power?  Line currents are around 83Arms, so
four 100A LISN's and a big 120Y/208 feed would be needed.

Thanks,

Jim Eichner, P.Eng.
Compliance Engineering Manager
Xantrex Technology Inc.
e-mail: jim.eich...@xantrex.com
web: www.xantrex.com

I could help you only up to 30 Amps per phase.

BTW, better remind any bidders to double-check their air conditioning
capability too. Long ago, I have had 100 kW EUT's where it's a race to acquire
data before they shut down from over-temp!

Ed Price
 <mailto:ed.pr...@cubic.com> ed.pr...@cubic.com     WB6WSN
NARTE Certified EMC Engineer & Technician
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Applications
San Diego, CA  USA
858-505-2780 (Voice)
858-505-1583 (FAX)
Military & Avionics EMC Is Our Specialty

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: