K,

The efficiency of your Ethernet cable as an antenna/as a transmission line
will depend on the matching of the impedance at each end of the cable. What
you have done with your 22R resistor is change the matching impedance at
that end of the cable as well as reducing the signal current in the cable.
The characteristic impedance of the cable will most likely be about 100R.
You should get the best results with both ends of the cable ideally matched
as there will be no reflected signals coming back down the cable to be
radiated; i.e. there will be minimal loss in the cable and hence minimal
emission from the cable. However, you need to be sure to use proper Ethernet
magnetics at the cable ends, which should meet the impedance requirements if
installed according to the manufacturer's application note.

Best regards

Neil R. Barker CEng MIET HonFSEE MIEEE
Manager
Quality Engineering