John, and everyone

Annex IV of 2004/108/EC sets out *minimum* requirements for the content of
the DoC.  Additional information can be added, although in my view it should
not make the required content unclear.

The EC Guide
<http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/electr_equipment/emc/guides/emc_guide_2007.p
df> in 3.3.2 on page 34 contains the following guidance:

"In most cases, the dated references to the specifications under which
conformity is declared, will be those of the European harmonised
standards that are applicable to the apparatus in question as listed in the
OJEU. If European harmonised standards have not been used or only
partially, a reference to the manufacturer’s technical documentation needs
to be included and a reference to any identifiable non-harmonised
standards or specifications that have been applied.

The layout of the DoC can take any form as long as the minimum required
relevant information is provided. If any of the minimum required content
is missing, the DoC is considered not complete and thus not valid and may
lead to an appropriate action from the competent authorities of a Member
State."

There is no need to reference a Notified Body on the DoC, and if the
manufacturer has not used a Notified Body, there is nothing to reference
anyway!  If a Notified Body has issued a statement, I would recommend that a
reference to it be included on the DoC.

Best wishes

Brian

Brian Jones