At 23:24 +0200 17/8/07, M. Loerzer-Mobile (GLOBALNORM) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>does anybody has useful links or information for "world-wide type
>approval requirements" of trailers with on-board
>compressors especially the following questions are of interest:

I don't think there will be any single global solution - the
requirements are too different and complex in major markets such as
the EU, US, China and Aus/NZ, never mind smaller markets such as S.
Africa, Argentina, Mexico and Russia, each of which I would expect to
have their own national requirements.

>-         General information concerning the type approval for
>trailers worldwide

Commercial road vehicles are still largely an individual state
competence - even in the EU harmonisation is fairly limited. Also,
harmonisation for vehicles works in a distinctly different way to
harmonisation for products covered by the CE marking directives.

>-     Emissions standards (exhaust and noise) for portable
>compressors have to comply to in Europe / North-America /
>South-America and Africa?

EU is fairly straightforward - 2000/14/EC for noise emissions and
97/68/EC for exhaust emissions. I don't know about other markets.

>-     Product standards for portable compressors?

EN 1012-1 for the EU.

>-     Content of the new EU directive (planned or
>finished?) concerning the type approval of trailers

There's a Directive concerned with commercial vehicle homologation
due in the Autumn, I'm told, but I expect it will run in parallel
with individual state road vehicle construction requirements for some
years to come.

>-     Are there any specific regulations to consider (concerning
>emission standards / road safety / product requirements) while
>exporting portable compressors to countries within the EU and
>outside the EU?

Within the EU they are covered by the Machinery Directive, among others.

>-     Which French law specifies that compressors have to use an
>electric engine in some city centres?

Don't know about this, but article 100a dictates that this must be an
in service requirement, not a supply side requirement.

>       -     Homologation standards in South-America and Africa?

Don't know about this but if your customer has representation in
these places, I can probably help you to formulate some questions
which their local agents can ask of the relevant people.

Drop me a line if you need some more help, Michael. It might be worth
having a chat on the phone next week - I don't have all the answers
by any means but I might be able to help you to clarify where to go
for some of them.

Nick.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net