Hi List Members,

We were advised by one of our suppliers that China RoHS allows an exemption
for Telecom infrastructure equipment. Can anyone comment on what is the
official definition of Telecom Infrastructure Equipment as it relates to this
standard? Is there a list of equipment defined by China as Telecom
Infrastructure Equipment ?

Since we will sell this product into China along with our equipment we are
concerned that they are taking this exemption.

The product in question is a Network Security Appliance which could be used
for Core Network Services in large Enterprises and Data Centers.

If we can use the exemption for this is marking and labeling still required.

Thank you!

Christine Rodham

  _____

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.  <ht
p://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48224/*http://sims.yahoo.com/> -
is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to:

Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org David Heald: emc-p...@daveheald.com