From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Brian Jones
Sent: den 17 september 2007 13:22
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: EN 300386 and R&TTE

Anders

EN 300 386 covers (non-radio) telecommunications network equipment.  So radio
equipment and terminal equipment are not within its scope.  Thus the equipment
within its scope is not within the scope of the R&TTE Directive.

For R&TTE EMC requirements, it was optional to use the procedures of
89/336/EEC to demonstrate conformity (Article 10.2 of 1999/5/EC), but the
Commission has confirmed that it is not possible to use 2004/108/EC in the
same way.  See 1.1.2.1 of the EC Guide

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/electr_e
uipment/emc/guides/emcguide_may2007.pdf

Best wishes

Brian

Brian Jones

EMC Consultant and Notified Body signatory

  _____