I think I can make NEC-2 work for this. It is a wire antenna modeling
program but I can make it do much more.

    Dave

From: Robert A. Macy [mailto:m...@california.com]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 3:34 PM
To: David Cuthbert
Cc: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Re: RFI/EMI and Susceptibility on PCB for Analog Signal
Distribution

David,

Thank you for your response.

It seemed counter intuitive that the second approach would
have less crosstalk than the first.

That expectation is based upon picturing the fields between
the two signal traces as better contained when the traces
were side by side on the same layer, than if the traces
were on top each other.  As in the second structure it
seemed that the field of one pair is polarized to better
inject into an adjacent pair.  Another way to say this, is
to think in general of a field from a current loop on axis
and off axis.  Off axis, like in the first structure there
is inherently 6 dB less than when on axis like in the
second structure.

I agree about modelling to get a better representation of
what is going on.

Will the modelling show the effect of 3V/m DC to 1GHz
fields?

Robert

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com

This e-mail has been scanned by MCI Managed Email Content Service, using
Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on MCI's
Managed Email Content Service, visit http://www.mci.com.