From: Bob Richards <b...@toprudder.com>
To: emc-pstc <emc-p...@ieee.org>
Sent: Thu, Aug 4, 2011 9:35 pm
Subject: Re: [PSES] FCC Exempted Devices

--- On Wed, 8/3/11, Grace Lin <graceli...@gmail.com> wrote:

         Most of spectrum analyzers, from my understanding, have no capability
measure click rate.  R&S has a free download software, "Click Rate Analyzer",
for its certain models of the EMI receivers wtih FFT option (a +$8,000 option).

Grace,

As far as I know, the only analyzers with *automated* clicks analysis are from
R&S and Teseq.

The R&S ESCI and ESU analyzers work with their free software. I was able to
use the software on a demo analyzer and was impressed with it.

We also asked Teseq for a demo of their PMM 9010 analyzer with click option
but they were not able to demo it for us. The info on their website looks
impressive in that it is able to do all four frequencies at once, while the
R&S must do them in sequence.  Teseq also did not seem interested in selling
their old DIA 1512D click analyzer since they "were not sure it complies with
the latest standard", even though they still list it on their website.

While a special click analyzer is not necessary (the standard mentions a way
to do it with a spectrum analyzer and o'scope) it is not cost effective for a
lab that performs clicks tests on a regular basis, in my humble opinion. I
think any analyzer that has good time-domain features (long sweep periods,
ability to trigger on video, etc) can do the test. I have performed the test
with an Agilent E7405 but it is tedious and time consuming.

Bob R.
&LT;emc-p...@ieee.org&GT;

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at
http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
Scott Douglas &LT;emcp...@radiusnorth.net&GT;
Mike Cantwell &LT;mcantw...@ieee.org&GT;