Dear EMC Experts,

As we know, ANSI C63.4 requires volumetric NSA for alternative
test sites, which means that we should evaluate NSA of the site at,
in addition to the center, the points moved specific distance
toward front, right, left (and back, maybe) from the center in
general.

Clause 5.4.6.5 of the standard says:

   ... "test volume" is defined as that volume traced out by
  the largest equipment or system to be tested as it is rotated
  about its center location through 360 degrees.
  For vertical polarization, the off-center positions, of the
  transmit antenna are at the periphery of the test volume.

If we want to test EUTs which completely fill a typical 1m x 1.5m
test table, I think we should evaluate NSA of the site also at
the points 0.9m (half of diagonal of the table) or more from the
center.

However, I recently noticed there are some people who think that
evaluation at the points 0.75m from the center should enough for
ANSI C63.4, maybe because of Figure 8c of ANSI C63.4-2003 (or
Figure 6 of CISPR 16-1-4:2007), or maybe because of CISPR 22
Annex A.

Is there anyone who does, or does not, think that NSA evaluation
at the points 0.75m from the center should enough for ANSI C63.4,
for EUTs which may completely fill a typical 1m x 1.5m table?

Regards,
Tom

--
Tomonori Sato  <vef00...@nifty.ne.jp>