Yes, the ce mark is granted under the R&TTE directive, but the basic
requirements of the LVD and EMC directive

apply by their standards being listed under the R&TTE directive also.

Choose your standards from the list of harmonized standards for the R&TTE
directive.

If this is a short range device you also need to consider

The EN 300 220 or EN 300 440 for radio properties.

In addition you need to consult the national EC  frequency allocation tables

for requirements in power , duty cycle and allowed communication system.

Luckily most popular frequencies are harmonized allover the EC.

When using a module consider that many modules do not comply to one of the
radio standards above without additional circuitry.

The radio requirements can be touch to meet especially for safety related
(high rel) radio systems.

Consider special hardware and/or software to facilitate (=cheaper) testing.

Gert Gremmen

Ce-test, qualified testing bv