In message
<de87437fe365cb458c265ea3d73b6f1d039ad...@xbc-mail1.xantrex.com>, dated
Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Jim Eichner <jim.eich...@xantrex.com> writes:

>To be clear, the LPS application would not be a "circuit breaker" as
>the term is commonly used.  The language from '950 that I objected to
>was regarding automatically resetting overcurrent protective devices,
>so rather than a circuit breaker it would be something like a thermal
>auto-reset device that I would call a "current limiter" or a "circuit
>protector" not a breaker.  Semantics to some extent, but auto-reset was
>the main attribute for this discussion.

Well, if it's not a circuit-breaker (electromechanical, and therefore
reliability is an issue), it makes even less sense to allow PTCs. I
suspect that the ban on auto-reset was lifted for PTCs because if not it
would be an absolute ban on their use. But it's not logical.
Either we are causing global warming, in which case we may be able to stop it,
or natural variation is causing it, and we probably can't stop it. You choose!

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com