Dear all,
I have a question on EN 61000-3-2 and the classification of equipment,

If you have an independent power supply that comes with a number of
connections that can be used to supply power a range of electronic equipment,
e.g., a laptop PC, I pods, Mobile phones, cameras etc.  what class would it
come under ?

>From the standard, the classification for computers should be Class D, however
as the PSU can be used for numerous electronic equipment it could also come
under Class A, classification which is easier to meet.

What is your view on which class it should come under ?

regards Darren
message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: