        From: Christine Rodham <chrisrod...@yahoo.com>
        Subject: Requirements for Power On/OFF Switch...US and EU Europe
        To: emc-p...@ieee.org
        Date: Monday, July 21, 2008, 1:17 PM

        Hi List Members,

        We purchased a networking product that will reside in the Customer
Premise (
CPE) environment. ( FCC class A  in the US )

        We noticed that the unit DOES NOT have a power switch or a mains
disconnect.
In order to turn the unit off you have to pull out the plug from the unit or
the wall.

        This units runs on 120V- 220V auto-range.

        Does this violate any safety rules in the US or Europe? The unit has an
NRTL
mark on it but is seems a little bizarre that it does not have a way of
disconnecting power other than pulling out the plug.

        Anyone have any clarification on this......

        Thank you!

        Christine Rodham

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

        List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

        Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

        For policy questions, send mail to: