From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Tang,
George
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:42 PM
To: Chris Wells; Oscar Overton
Cc: emc-p...@ieee.org; k...@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: RF What-if (was: RE: Another Cancer Scare?)

Chris,

On the topic of RF exposure, I will throw in my two pennies.

Years ago, I was interested in the topic of frequency jamming of radio
stations.  I thought it would be interesting to build a frequency
jamming device that would cause home radios to stop working.  I built a
random noise generator that produced noise in the frequency range of
100Hz to about 1MHz.  I used the noise generator to drive a loop antenna
(2 ft diameter) with a max current of 2.5A.  The device worked very well
in stopping AM radios from receiving the broadcast when I bring the loop
close to any AM radio receiver.  But as I was waving the loop in the air
with my arm, I felt sever dizziness and a slight headache whenever the
loop came close to my head.  And I felt a difficulty in breathing when I
placed the loop next to my chest.  These are completely unmistakable
feelings in the way that as I moved the antenna 3 feet away from my
body, immediately, the feeling was gone.  The effects were very
repeatable and the symptoms were immediate (within a few seconds).  I
knew!
  this was not a thermal effect because the frequencies were way too
low.  I just knew that the fields were causing my organs to
"malfunction."  After that, I stopped using the device.

I don't think you can attribute this to any coincidence.

George Tang