From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Doug
Kramer
Sent: 18 September 2008 18:20
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Appication of EN14982 to electric ag equipment for CE-marking

This is in regards to EMC testing only, not safety:

If a piece of agriculture equipment, let's call it a tractor, is
entirely powered by electric motors, with NO internal combustion engine,
is 14982 the correct standard to apply?  The device plugs into a charger
when not in use and is then unplugged, used and returned to the charging
station.  If it was for home garden use, would EN55014 then be the
correct standard?

Thanks,

Doug Kramer
NCEE Labs