In message
<79b6babf7ce2914591e1c45c7ed086fa0c9...@chiefwiggum.nceelabs.org>, dated
Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Doug Kramer <dkra...@nceelabs.com> writes:

>I would contend that it is any component of a system where the removal
>or substitution could change the compliance of the product relative to
>the applicable safety standard.

That's it. As long as 'could' isn't interpreted as 'could, even with
infinitesimal probability'.

The term seems not to be used in IEC standards but was much used by
test-houses in the third-party testing (SEMKO etc.) era.
Either we are causing global warming, in which case we may be able to stop it,
or natural variation is causing it, and we probably can't stop it. You choose!

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@ptcnh.net>