Doug,

We had the exact same issue with our large chamber.  The insurance company
knows little to nothing about chambers but what they do know is that your
employer wants them to pay for a new chamber if it is damaged in a fire which
would be in the millions of dollars so they will do everything to be on the
safe side.

After they walk through, I’m sure the insurance people did a little research
and found out that 20 years ago an anechoic chamber caught on file and burnt
down an entire facility.  What they don’t know is that they were putting out
10,000 watts of RF power with the antenna pointed at the rf absorber material
and got it hot enough to catch it on fire, so yes, even though your TDK
absorber material is UL recognized it will catch on fire if you get it hot
enough.

Another new area of concerns is below elevated floors (mostly do to recent
fires in server rooms) where cables runs are done.  Over-current in a cable or
power run can start a fire below the floor.  Or a fault in the AC system can
cause electronic equipment to heat up quickly and possibly catch fire.
Burning plastics/liquids above the floor can run down beneath the floor where
it gets plenty of air to burn even hotter because this area is used as the
Cold Air Return for the AC.  Smoke below the floor would not be detected by
your Air Sampling Smoke detector system in your chamber (Vesda System?).  The
Cold Air returns in our chamber have Smoke Detectors in the ducts just outside
the chamber which seems to make the insurance people happy.  These smoke
detectors are very common (and required by code) which shuts down the heat/AC
if smoke is detected so the blower doesn’t blow/suck air and make a fire
worst.  If you check you may already have them installed.

Our chamber fire protection system, the smoke detectors in the cold air
returns and a separate fire protection system for the entire building all
reports incidences to ADT who depending on the type of alarm notified the fire
department or police (for break-ins).

I’m surprised the insurance company didn’t get you with the fact that if
the power goes out there are no emergency lights inside your chamber.  We
fought and fought over that one. We ended up putting Glow in the Dark tape on
the floor to mark the doorway and on the inside chamber door handle.

Have fun.

The Other Brian