Hi,
I would like to get opinions concerning an issue that has arisen with one of
our customers.
The customer has a radio unit, a sub-configuration (extracted
components/assemblies, software) of a unit already tested fully to the
appropriate R&TTE Directive harmonised standards.
Is additional testing required or can the full testing of the maximum
configuration cover the sub-configuration unit
If we perform partial testing on this sub-configuration to R&TTE harmonised
standards, can the customer issue a DoC for the R&TTE Directive or is an R&TTE
Notified Body Opinion required.
The above question is also applicable to units which are not
sub-configurations (customer wants to reduce testing costs).
Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.
Regards

David Shidlowsky
Technical Writer
EMC Laboratory
ITL (Product Testing) Ltd.
Lod/Kfar Bin Nun
Israel
Tel: +972-8-915-3100 Ext.213
Fax: +972-8-915-3101
Email: dav...@itl.co.il/e...@itl.co.il <mailto:dav...@itl.co.il/e...@itl.co.il>
http://www.itl.co.il <http://www.itl.co.il/>
http://www.i-spec.com <http://www.i-spec.com/>
This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, disseminate,
distribute, copy or rely upon this message or attachment in any way. If you
received this e-mail message in error, please return by forwarding the message
and its attachments to the sender.

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@ptcnh.net>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>