Hi Christine,

It’s always a joy experiencing part substitutions, eh? And, LPS actually
refers to a Limited Power Source as defined in the IEC60950-1 series.

Anyway, have you had a chance to review the other power supply’s applicable
safety report(s)? Whether it is or is not LPS will be determined (and your
comfort level) during that review. That missing LPS marking could simply be an
oversight on the part of that manufacturer or it’s not a LPS. The fact is
that you really won’t know until you look at the reports, and I hope that
that manufacturer will make the safety report(s) available to you.

Also I believe that the LPS marking is an accepted industry practice, not a
regulatory requirement. If anyone disagrees with this, please provide a
compelling argument.

IHTH.

Best regards,

Ron Pickard