Tim,

It was my experience in a past life that Turkey, especially Turkish Customs,
has for the last few years been quite fanatical about enforcing/validating CE
compliance of products entering Turkey. Turkish Customs was very particular
for newly manufactured products (products held at Customs until they were
satisfied). I also remember that Turkish Customs only accepted
telecom/radiocom compliance via EU/ETSI standards (we even had to provide test
reports on occasion). This I believe was started with their application for
membership into the EU and has, however, turned into an over zealous barrier
of trade of sorts.

The components you’ve listed might be considered to be apparatus under the
new EMC Directive depending on their intended availability to the end user. I
suggest that you read through the new EMC Directive and its Guide, both
available on the Europa website, and how they relate to components. From that,
you might get the reasoning of Turkish Customs.

IHTH.

Best regards,

Ron Pickard

ron.pick...@intermec.com <mailto:ron.pick...@intermec.com>