From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org]On Behalf Of Willard
Bradley-G13637
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 1:03 PM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Wireless battery charging

Hi Everyone,

Do any safety standards apply to the wireless transfer of power?  The
specific application I'm looking at is for charging a Lithium ion battery
while it is either attached to a portable electronic device or in a stand
alone configuration.  If there are no relevant standards and a HBSE
approach is used, what hazards need to be considered?

Here is an example of the technology in question:
http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/gencontent.tsp?contentId=66542

Thanks in advance for your advice, assistance, and guidance!

Brad Willard
Motorola
Energy Systems Safety

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html