Hi Kim,

CENELEC/TC 62 has decided that, with the publication of EN 60601-1:2006,
compliance with EN 60601-1:1990 and its related collateral standards will no
longer give ‘presumption of conformity’ with the European directives
covered as of 1 June 2012. Publication in the Official Journal of the European
Union is expected for the spring of 2010. . Even if after 1 June 2012 EN
60601-1:1990 by itself will no longer give presumption of conformity, the
normative reference to it in the parts 2 (particular standards) is the
deciding point.

Please let me know if you needs additional info.

Best Regards,

Steli

Steli Loznen, M.Sc., SM-IEEE

Q.A & Certification Manager