In message <9360F1D2B3C045618D6F94F546142B75@OwnerPC>, dated Thu, 11 Feb
2010, "Ron Pickard, RPQ" <rpick...@rpqconsulting.com> writes:

>The IEC has just announced the publication (21-Jan-2010) of the safety
>standard IEC 62368-1:2010 ed1.0 (now encompassing audio/video,
>information and communication technology equipment), that?s intended to
>evolutionize safety analysis/evaluations thru HBSE. Now that this IEC
>base standard is published, does anyone have a feel for when the
>national derivation standards will be published and when the CB Scheme
>will adopt it? My guess is not anytime soon, but I could be wrong in
>this case. And, I?m wondering how significantly will the CB Bulletin
>need to be revised to accommodate this new standard?
>

>It may, however, be a bit early in the process for anyone to know, but
>I wanted to ask anyway. I need to know if and when I should be serious
>about advising the purchase of this standard. Any assistance will be
>most helpful and much appreciated by the group, I?m sure.

The development of this standard has been very difficult and highly
controversial. While this First Edition gained enough positive votes for
publication, the originating committee acknowledges that it needs
substantial improvement.

However, this won't happen to the extent necessary unless people who are
not involved in the standards-making process but are potential users of
the standard, buy and study it AND SUBMIT THEIR CRITIQUES THROUGH THE
APPROPRIATE NATIONAL STANDARDS CHANNELS.

If they don't do this, the planned Second Edition will still be
unsatisfactory.
I should be disillusioned, but it's not worth the effort.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>