As part of our ISO 17025 laboratory accreditation and as a requirement from
one of our safety agency annual accreditations, we have had to control
consumables such as the cheesecloth and tissue paper that we purchase for
testing to IEC 60950-1 and its national derivative standards.

We have been purchasing our cheesecloth and tissue paper from suppliers, who,
to give a short answer, were “pre-approved” by one of our accrediting
bodies.  There were a series of verification tests that had to be conducted, I
suppose in accordance with an ISO standard.

I don’t have the contacts where we purchased the cheesecloth and tissue
paper, but I can look them up and supply them to you.  I believe they are
American companies, not from the UK.

Best regards,

Don Gies, N.C.E

Senior Product Compliance Engineer

Alcatel-Lucent

Murray Hill, NJ  07974-0636 USA

Member, Alcatel-Lucent Technical Academy