Good day folks,

A short while ago I ranted about a number of computer power supplies that were
non FCC compliant. I received a number of requests for the plot showing
several of these supplies conducted emissions overlayed, so I pursued making
this available with my client. I have received the OK from my client, but I
have lost several of the requests due to an over enthusiastic deleting session.

If you would like a copy of the plot in .pdf please let me know directly.

As an update, the worst offending power supply was examined and the cover
removed. The EMI filter was UN-populated, and jumpered.

I was incensed about this flagrant violation and found there is a process of
reporting such to the FCC, here is an excerpt from their e-mail.

If you have a list of manufacturers that have approved such by DoC and you
believe they are in violation you can forward a list (preferably with names
and addresses since there is no data base for self approved devices) to
easau...@fcc.gov and we can investigate.  Thanks for the information.

I hope other test labs will follow my example and not turn a blind eye when
they uncover violations. On a positive note, I was contacted by both major US
assessing bodies asking if it was tested at one of their labs. It's nice to
know they take potential lab lapses seriously, but in this case, I don't
believe a test lab is at fault ( MHO ).

Sincerely,

Derek Walton.
L F Research

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>