Nick I concur in the information you have already been given. In addition I
would like to add from an EMI / EMC standpoint a hinged panel creates several
points of vulnerability. Your EMC testing cycle may be extended because the
your system may need to be tested with the door open and closed. Your ground
impedance seen by the door will be different between open and closed. I would
ask the mechanical designer if that is the hill they want to die on. There is
usually a better way than mounting active components on the door.

Fred Townsend
DC to Light

Momcilovic, Nick (GE Healthcare) wrote:

        You first need to understand the basis for the claim of non-compliance.
 What
clause of what standard, code or regulation is being violated.  This is the
first piece of information you need in order to investigate the claim.  If you
can find that and report back, I am sure someone on this forum can help you
out further.

        Regards,
        Nick