On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:24:18 -0500,
  "Flavin, John" <john.fla...@teradata.com> wrote:

> I have a question on the site validation procedure in CISPR 16-1-4 for
> test sites for >1GHz measurements.
>
> The procedure does not say anything about which antenna correction
> factors should be used when making these measurements. (For NSA
> measurements for <1GHz, the standard requires the use of horizontal ACF
> for both polarizations).
>
> On the one hand, since the site validation is a VSWR measurement, it
> would seem that the factors really don't matter, as they cancel out. On
> the other hand, should the appropriate horizontal or vertical factors be
> used? Does the standard say anything about this?

As you said, antenna factors wouldn't be a matter at all.

We can simply check variation of the transmission loss or
of the receiving level when antenna is moved, and not necessary
to convert the result to the field strength.

If you want to calculate the field strength for any reason,
I think maybe you can apply any antenna factor which you would
usually use for actual measurement.

Regards,
Tom

--