Hi Gary,

Hey, don't complain! Poor designs keep us EMC engineers fully employed!

I've run into this myself on occasion - that is, until I started educating our
designers. :-)

Try running a -short- ground connection from the PC board ground << at the
video connector >> to the nearest chassis ground. That ought to divert at
least some of the common-mode current back to the source. You may be able to
use some commercially available fingerstock or springy "dots". I presume
you've already tried the usual ferrite choke on the cable? This treatment will
likely need to be done at every cable egress.

Most video cable are already shielded, so the trick is to get that shield
connected direct to chassis with a short (as possible) connection. This, of
course, presumes the chassis IS using a shielded enclosure already.

Use of a current probe on the video cable is all you need to troubleshoot this
and you'll be able to see the results in real-time.

Ken

Wyatt Technical Services, LLC
56 Aspen Dr.
Woodland Park, CO 80863