Excellent reply!  Do you have a URL to get copies?

I said 'significant', not 'spectral bandwidth of energy'

I assumed these frequencies were of interest, because coupling is
increased, breakdown is more likely to occur, and I thought the goal was
to make a connection system with broadband characteristics.

And, as we both know, inductance can certainly ruin the high frequency end
of a system.

Your point is well taken about how to refer to lightning energy.  It's
almost like once it is brought into existance, it doesn't go away, one
just moves it about.  And, the best we can hope for is to keep it out of
our systems while all that's happening.

Robert

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>