This post is totally off-topic regulatory compliance, but it gives me an
opportunity to flag an email problem that probably affects, or will affect,
other listmembers. No solution, but at least an explanation.

Beginning a few weeks ago, I noticed that I was not receiving any
distributions of posts I had sent to the list. However, it soon became clear
that everyone else was seeing the posts; I just wasn't seeing my own. This
wasn't any critical problem, but it intrigued me by its selectivity.

The reason has finally come out, and it has to do with enhanced filtering of
incoming emails by my company. As my IT department explains:

        You are not receiving the emails from yourself because the email looks
like
it is spam to our anti-spam rules. The specific spam rule that is catching
these emails is one we implemented last month that says if an email is from
n...@cubic.com, it can only come from our mail servers. When you send to the
list, the list sends back to you, but it does not modify the from address at
all and our incoming spam rules think that the list is spoofing your email
address and blocks it as spam. We were getting a lot of forged emails from the
Internet trying to trick users into clicking on bad files and bad websites.
This anti-spam feature has cut down on those sort of attacks. One way you can
sort of work around this issue is if you bcc yourself on any emails you send
to the list.

The lesson here is that if your own posts suddenly stop coming from the list,
it's likely your IT guys just tightened up their filters. We now return to our
regularly scheduled entertainment.

Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com <blocked::mailto:ed.pr...@cubic.com>      WB6WSN
NARTE Certified EMC Engineer
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Applications
San Diego, CA  USA
858-505-2780
Military & Avionics EMC Is Our Specialty

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>