The problem with us ex-TEMPEST engineers is that we were sworn to secrecy, and
the Department of Defense made sure we would not talk by going around, scaring
the daylights out of our neighbors by knocking on their doors, flashing a
badge, and asking them personal questions about us when we were getting our
clearances.

Beyond saying that TEMPEST was the control of compromising emanations, pretty
much everything else in NACSIM 5100 was classified.

Best Regards,

Don Gies, N.C.E

Senior Product Compliance Engineer

Alcatel-Lucent