Not to worry, I'm leaving all my lights ON to keep the grid in balance.

Gary

--- On Sat, 3/28/09, Robert Johnson <john...@itesafety.com> wrote:

        From: Robert Johnson <john...@itesafety.com>
        Subject: Earth Hour
        To: owner-emc-p...@listserv.ieee.org
        Cc: emc-p...@ieee.org
        Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 4:19 AM

        Saturday, the entire earth is instructed to turn off its electrical
loads.
        http://www.earthhour.org/home/
        Is this an indication that to be safe we had better unplug everything
we own
because earth-wide, the load shedding means the utility voltage and frequency
regulation will go haywire?

        I'm recalling a college roommate who worked at the Fernald nuclear
refinery
in Ohio (the load the northeast power grid was created for) when they lost one
of eight transformers and utilities all over the east coast called to find out
the source of the frequency change.

        Bob Johnson

emc-pstc

        Graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc. can be posted to
that URL.

        List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

        Scott Douglas <emcp...@ptcnh.net>

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@ptcnh.net>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>